Wednesday, April 1, 2015

March Madness

So around the 10th of March I decided I needed to start keeping a journal. I use MyFitness Pal to keep a food log, I have MapMyFitness to keep track of my walks (which I haven't done any of lately), and I now own a FitBit. With all of these wonderful high tech gadgets, I feel like the thing that may help me most right now is just a simple log of my day. Most of the time it is one or two sentences, sometimes it is more. I normally write a quick bit in the morning when I get up, and then a follow-up the next morning about how that day ended. I have simple goals for this month. And since I mention them in my writing I will share them here:
Goals:
 - 3500 steps per day
- 16 oz of water per day
- no candy
- don't go over your calorie limit

3-10-15 
8:00 AM - 300 lbs. I'm not sure if that is right. If it is, it shouldn't be. I ate way too many calories this last week. My goal is 1978 calories today, let's see if I can manage that. 


3-11-15
6:45 AM - I ended yesterday 50 calories over my goal. While that is a lot less than what it has been lately, I'm still disappointed in myself. Yesterday was also the first time I didn't meet my step goal. BUT! I was feeling icky and spent half the afternoon sleeping on the couch.  I'm going to work on a meal plan today. I want to get me and hubby back on the meal plan we were following when we were loosing weight last fall. We both felt better then. 
Green = done, Red = failed

3-12-15
6:21 AM - I was 29 calories over yesterday. The worst part is I could have been under. I had to run to Ingles with Naner and I bought a Candy bar KNOWING it would put me over. But "just a little but," I reasoned. And "Soon I'll be starting my strict diet again. So I deserve to splurge." UGG! Today is the day before D-Day. I've made my menu. I'll make my grocery list soon. I'm nervous and excited. I can do this. I'll probably cheat again today. I'm as bad as a smoker. You know, the ones that stand outside a movie theater puffing away furiously because they know they won't be able to smoke for the next couple of hours. That's me, substitute junk food for a cigarette. 

3-13-15
6:29 AM - I don'g even know how many calories I had yesterday. I ate WAY too much junk. Here's what I remember eating (since I didn't log it): 1 Nutty Bar, 1 Fudge Round, 1 unfrosted strawberry PopTart, and a Coke. And that is on top of my meals, two of which were fast food (can you say calories??!!) Plus I felt icky so I only got 1/2 of my steps in. BLEH! I'm starting out today decent. I had a good breakfast, but did drink some sweet tea. Hey, Rome wasn't built in a day! Here's to a new day, a new life!

3-14-15
LOL! ^ Yeah, whatever. I've been sickish (tired, achy, blah) the lat couple of days. I haven't met my step goal and I have eat a lot of junk. Though yesterday I ate slightly less junk, but not by much. I expect today to be a little better. I'm feeling better and I'm going to try harder. I can do this, and I need to. For my health and our pockets.

3-15-15
I went over on calories yesterday. Good news? I also went WAY over on steps. I more than doubled my goal. Bad news? My feet are paying the price today. Note to self: Do the plantar fasciitis exercises every day!!  D-Day has actually arrived. I'm about to cook breakfast. There will be trials, but I can do this. Thank you God for your strength.

3-16-15
Well I ate 2 Reese's Peanut Butter cups, a piece of apple pie (tiny), and a piece of chocolate chip cheesecake (also tiny) yesterday. Also 2 chocolate mini donuts and a sip or two of Coke. BUT!!! Even with that I was well under my calorie goal for the day. And I met my step goal. Progress!! 
  I poured Charles a glass of Pepsi to go with his breakfast this morning. The smell of it and the fizz as it hit the glass made my mouth water. I wanted some. But I reminded myself that it wouldn't taste the way I was remembering. It never does. Small victories.

3-17-15
Well first - my success- No candy yesterday and I met my water goal. I fell just short on my step goal, and went over on calories. Although -NSV here (Non Scale Victory)- I cooked all my meals yesterday. Even though I felt bad and didn't want to. That counts for something, right? I feel so crappy today. And I have a list of things that need done. My main goal today is to stay on track with my calories and carbs. And maybe I can get my steps in.

3-19-15
According to MyFitnessPal I was under on calories yesterday. I'm not sure if that is right, but I did more than double my step goal. So maybe. I stepped on to the scales again today for the first time in two weeks. And I'm holding steady at 300. Not really surprsing considering most days I am at or over my calorie goal. I need to work on that.

3-20-15
And over again yesterday, WOOHOO!! This is becoming a habit. And I'm wondering, how much do I really want this? How can I make myself want it more? My goals for today are simple. MAKE GOOD CHOICES! Try to meet all of my mini goals. I won't worry about tomorrow . I just want to get through today.

3-21-15
Well I had candy, but I met every other goal. And for that, I am happy. Today is the same. I live for today and only today. Today I will try to meet my goals. I will not worry about tomorrow.  I had a glass of Pepsi with breakfast, I should have resisted it. Now I'm craving sweets so bad. I can do this. My will is strong. Lord,help me be strong today, please!

3-22-15 - Quote of the day: "Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose." - Lyndon B. Johnson
I didn't just fall off the wagon yesterday. I leapt off of it like a starving lion leaps after a speeding gazelle. Never, ever, ever start your day with a soft drink. Your carb cravings will be out of this world. And resistance is futile. And yet this morning I find myself in a new place. Calm, accepting. I've been reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. And I've made it to the pray portion. Last night while I prayed I had a realization of sorts. I've always said that we (people) are the body of Christ, not 4 walls and pretty windows. And if I am the body, then I need to treat it with the same reverence as I would those four walls. Today my goal is to treat my body as the temple of Christ. I will feed it when it is hungry. But only good, life-sustaining foods. I will exercise it, and I will ignore the siren's call of sugar. Today I will worship God mind, body, and soul.

3-23-15
Well - define good, life sustaining foods for me. I had two donuts and one Lindt truffle yesterday. But I made it in under my calorie goal, so victory for yesterday! Thinking of my body as a temple does help. I really want to glorify God with my life. And it helps me keep myself in check.

3-24-15
I ate another Krispy Kreme donut yesterday. Two actually. And I was WAY under on my calories. I like this. I like thinking this way and trying to get healthy for THAT reason. It sure beats everything else I've tried! I ate too much for breakfast. It was good, sausage, eg and veggie omelet, and milk. But I need to learn to listen to my body again. To stop eating when I am full.

3-25-15
The "ate too much" trend continued yesterday and I went over on calories. I'm feeling it today, too. Tired, achy, bleh; or maybe Lolo has given me his mess. I hope not! Today I want to get back on track. One bad battle doesn't win or lose the war. Onward to battle!

3-26-15
Two bad days are left behind. I've been sick, mostly sleepy all day, eating whatever I want. Not a good thing. I need to do what I preach. Prep, plan, prepare. So that is my goal for this weekend.  My goals for today are simple: stay busy, eat well, make a plan, execute. Father give me strength.

3-31-15
Wow I haven't done my bible study or journaled in almost a week. No surprise, then, that my diet went off the rails as well. Back to living for today only!

April Goals:
- 4000 steps daily
- 2 16 oz bottles of water daily
- Exercise 30 min at least 3x a week
- Don't go over my calorie limit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To leave a comment without an account click on the box beside "comment as" and select "Name/URL" Enter your name, type your comment, publish. :)