Friday, November 1, 2013

grat·i·tude ˈgratəˌt(y)o͞od/

noun
1.
the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.


In my last post I said that I wanted to start doing one challenge every November. Well since this is the month we Americans celebrate Thanksgiving. I decided that would be the perfect place to start.  For the month of November, I will be doing the Gratitude Challenge. Some of these posts may be really short. And some of them may be really long.  But there is one thing they will all have in common, gratitude.





Going through the last couple of years has taught me that I have a lot to be thankful for in my life.I try to count my blessings often. But sometimes I get caught up in my own self-pity and begin to get a case of they "Why me, Lord?" blues. It's in those moments I try to take a look at the world around me and remember it could always be worse. And that's what I hope to accomplish with this challenge. I want to snap myself out of the mopey mood I've been in since June and count my many blessings.   



No comments:

Post a Comment

To leave a comment without an account click on the box beside "comment as" and select "Name/URL" Enter your name, type your comment, publish. :)