Sunday, November 3, 2013

Thank you


Every challenge in week one of this is about being grateful for what you have. And one of the greatest things that I have in my life are my friends and family.  My husband is probably the most steadying force I have in my life right now.  He and I have been through just about everything together. And I can't imagine anyone being a better fit for my life than him.  I have three beautiful children who keep me on my toes at all times. But who are also some of my best friends.  Shane knows just how to make me laugh. Matt will still give me a  hug daily, and Amanda will dance around and be silly with me. They keep me young and happy.  My beautiful sister is always there to listen when I need to gripe, to pick me up when I fall down, and to just help in any way she can. I love her to pieces and I don't tell her that enough.  I have an awesome brother who helps to keep the family together with dinners and fun plans. My dad is always up to assist in any way he can. I know if I need him all I have to do is pick up the phone. I have nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, and cousins. All just a phone call away. And I appreciate that I am so close to my family, not only my immediate but also extended.


I have some of the very best friends in the world.  In fact the people that I consider my best friends I don't really consider friends so much as an extension of my family.   Bobby has been there every time I needed someone to talk to over the last few years. He's listened to me complain, cry, and carry on. And he always tells me "It'll be fine." And I think that's the biggest reason I love talking to him. Because he's always so sure that whatever it is, it will be fine.  Nina will check in with me no matter how busy her life is. She always wants to make sure that I am doing ok. Jessica and I have been friends for about 7 years and she's the same way. She's one of those friends that it doesn't matter if you haven't spoken to her in 6 months. Within two minutes of starting a conversation you are carrying on like it hasn't been a day since you last spoke.  Claudia is my little cheerleader in my weight loss battle. No matter how many times I mess up, or how much I want to give up she's always there telling me to keep going. That I can do it.  And Glynn is the stoic quite one who doesn't talk much, but I enjoy our conversations all the same.  

I love you guys, all of you. And thanks for being here for me. We've been through a lot. And I hope to carry you with me through the many more ups and downs I'm sure I'll have in my life.  And hopefully I can be there for you as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To leave a comment without an account click on the box beside "comment as" and select "Name/URL" Enter your name, type your comment, publish. :)